Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Children and Cell Phones

So, Rob said that mom and dad have nothing over us when it comes to cell phone issues and "kids/teens/tweens" (whatever the heck they are called these days!).

Yesterday I got a call from AT&T wireless. "Ma'am there has been a large use of one of your phone lines. Can I have the last four of your social?" Heck no! Who are you?? "Ma'am this is in regards to the new phone you just purchased." OH, well that is Mikaela's. Unlimited text ya know and she is not allowed to talk on it cus minutes are counted. "Well, Ma'am your daughter has been on the Internet." WHAT?? Not my daughter. She knows that is a no no! "Yes Ma'am. The bill is $1,900.00." Crys, tears, hyperventilating and total collapse of body. I'M GOING TO KILL HER!!!! "Please don't kill her Ma'am." OH NO...SHE IS GOING TO DIE! Still sobbing...Rob's gonna kill me for not letting him get to her first! "Ma'am let me see what I can do." Eternities later...."I can back date unlimited Internet usage for you and it will be just $15. That means I can get rid of the $1900." SIGH

She lives....without her phone for 2 weeks...but she lives.

3 comments:

Hall Family said...

WHAT THE HECK?!!!!!

First of all, Mikaela has a cell phone? And second, she has internet on the phone? Is this what I am hearing? I don't even know how to use my cell phone.

I am glad she is going to live.

GCrew Mama said...

We first got her the "trac" phone to be nice and as a safety measure because she started going to friends houses this year. But that was costing us a fortune because she just kept adding up all the things she did for us for money. LOL
So, Rob got her this phone cus it was pink and put her on our plan to text. We had no clue she could access the internet.
We went through her entire phone...she designed pictures and made videos. LOL I couldn't even get her phone to turn on! Let's not mention the "make-up girl" at church sent her a whole bunch of DIRTY songs. grrrrrr

Grandma G said...

Well, the Gibson Crew has us on this one! Our bill was only $250! It goes to show that teenagers have already learned how to repent later! Ü