Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Calling all blue personalities!
I am a definite blue in the personality colorization thing. That means that I am a people pleaser and that sometimes I can let myself get walked on to make someone happy. Which is great sometimes because that means that I would give the coat off my back to those who need it, I love service projects, I love being a mom.... all those nice things, but it can also mean that I say yes to things and then curse myself later because I REALLY didn't want to. Please help me get out of the pickle I am in right now. My friend has kids the exact same age as my boys and she decided that she wants to go to work part time. She thought it would be 'perfect' if they could just come over 'only' two days a week from 10:30p.m-6:30p.m! As soon as she spit that sentence out I was thinking (excuse the language) "HELL NO!" But I really don't know how to say no. So I am asking for some advice from my trusty family members who have maybe been here before. I have to tell her my answer tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am also a blue, and I have to say that we let people walk all over us. I don't know if you remember but I was in this same situation last year. I said yes and I hated babysitting the kids so bad that I started to resent them. You also just a had a baby. So tell her you feel over whelmed as it is with your three kids one being an infant. If she doesn't understand then she's not that great of a friend. Sarah I am telling you now, DON'T DO IT. It may harm your marriage as well. Call me, we'll talk.
I don't know what the heck color I am, but you have to go with you first instinct. I have been in two situations where I have been asked to babysit. The first one was a friend with two children, one of which was a baby just younger than Emma when she was a baby. I told her I would think about it and get back to her. I did think about it and talked to Brian. My answer was no. I just told her that I didn't feel good about it and I hope she understood. I couldn't even take care of my baby and other children at the time. It was a really good move. Later, I was asked to watch, at the time, a 6 month old. The difference with this one was that it was temporary. I did it and loved every minute of it. It felt like a good decision at the time and I never regretted it once. My kids were older so that wasn't an issue this time. In fact, they helped with her. We all enjoyed it. You have to do what is best for you and your kids. It might be hard to tell her, but you have to. So to wrap up this LOOOONG explaination, I would just tell her that it just isn't something you can do right now.
Thanks for the comments girls. I told her the truth and she was cool with it. If she asked me about 3 or 4 years ago I would be having 3 extra kids for 2 two days a week.
Post a Comment