Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sick! Sick! Sick!

No pictures, just a gripe. I am SICK of everyone being sick!! Today everyone went to school and work as usual. I am so happy. Since January 31st I have had one or more kids home from school. Thankfully, I have stayed well throughout all of the germs.

I am SICK of the snow. Granted, we don't have as much snow as Emily or Jake or Joe for that matter, but I have now gotten stuck TWICE in the icy piled up mess. Once, I had to knock on my neighbors door, in my pajamas and slippers no less, and ask in my nicest voice ever, could you please help me get unstuck. The second time was today after school. Our school has five districts voting and the parking lot is packed. So, I parked outside on the side of the road. Well, where do all of the snow plows put the snow they are plowing? On the side of the road!! I didn't think I was stuck until AFTER I and three other gentleman helped a lady who got high centered on big pile of snowy ice. Then they kindly offered assistance to me when they saw I couldn't get away. Sheesh!!

Lastly, my baby is going to be 3 tomorrow!!! I will be sure to post pictures and such tomorrow. I am not sick about this though. Complete peace. She keeps us all going, literally. Sunday we were watching the Super Bowl. During the half-time show, we were actually sitting down to eat dinner. Tom Petty was the half-time entertainment. One of the songs he sang was "Free Falling." When he came to the chorus Emma surprised is all: (Imagine the music and Tom singing in his raspy high voice) ". . I'm freeeeeee," right at this moment, Emma picked up where Tom would soon (in a second or two) "free falling." Brian and I both whiplashed a look at Emma at the very same time. How did she know that song, we wondered? We all had a good laugh at that one. I still haven't figured it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya Reina, amen to you sister about everything your sick of.

sarah lowe said...

That was the cutest story of Emma singing! she either needs to get slapped or kissed all over her little face. which one do you think? and her birthday picture is gorgeous!