Thursday, January 7, 2010


My husband is so freakin awesome and funny that sometimes I laugh so hard I can't breathe and you can't hear me at all for a good 2 minutes. However, he snores like a walrus.....do walrus's snore? whatever, he's loud. So that means I am still awake right now and have resorted to watching yet another episode of the Office (a show that is also the culprit of me laughing breathless) in order to get so tired that I can't stay awake for nothing, even if I am sleeping next to a walrus. Does anyone else have this problem? Now, remember, I am not comparing James to a walrus in SIZE, just in noise volume. That would just be rude to say he looked like a walrus. And if he read this and misinterpreted, he wouldn't be too thrilled.

On another note, I haven't posted about Skizzy in a while, so here is a shout out to him: Skizzy (Isaac, as we sometimes call him)Is the cutest little bugger. He is almost two. Also, he LOVES Eli. He talks about going to his house all the time. He calls him "E-llah" and he calls Brianna "b-nana" and he calls melissa "missess". However, he and Eli fight like beta fish when they are together, but not the whole time...so I don't rip out my hair the whole time. So it's good.
See? This is what staying up late does. It makes me ramble with weird facts and observations. Melissa was right. Boredom is treacherous. Breathe right strips? Throat sprays? Help me out here.

5 comments:

MelissaP said...

Adam has used breathright strips, says they work great and he is less stuffed up in the mornings.

Grandma G said...

On the other hand I tried them also and have been told that they didn't work. ~sigh~ Dad uses earplugs; at least he used to before I went on "the diet". The first time I went on the diet I quite snoring during that time. I'm not sure about now; I haven't asked. We'll look into it! Ü

BTW - Skizzy is adorable and so are those two boys next to him that cut mostly cut out of the picture. Ü

GCrew Mama said...

Thanks for listening to the request for Issac. ;>

AND I smack your brother. lol Ask him and he'll tell you how rude I can be even though I think I'm being nice. Anyhow... He doesn't snore that much anymore so I think it worked!
The lesson here...beat James in his sleep and you'll live a long happy marriage with plenty of sleep. :>

sarah lowe said...

I'm thinking that's going to have to work for now, Nicole. Maybe I will ask him to try the breathright strips soon though. Mom, do you think it's because of the weight that you stopped snoring? I know I only snore when I am big and pregnant. Maybe James has gained a few. But you guys must be joking if you think I am going to open that can of worms. haha. If James came to me to say, "honey, you need to lose some weight so that you stop keeping me up at night with your snoring" I think I might have his head on a stick. just kidding. thanks for the ideas girls.

Jacob said...

A c-pap machine works wonders for my boss. No one would travel with him anymore to conferences because they would end up on the couch in the lobby (no joke, they did) or have to get separate rooms. He now sleeps silently. And yes, it usually is a sign of weight problem if not sleep apnea, unless he just has an unusually loose tongue that falls back into his throat when lying on his back like me. :)
Good luck! Jake