Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A few firsts

Isaac has been so blasted cranky lately, that this I had to post a picture of his first smile in a long time. OK, that's not totally true, but it feels like it. We have dubbed him "mr. p.i.b" which means, Pain In Butt.

Another first is that James took the boys to Lehman's cave on Monday to see some stalactites and stalagmites for Adam's science fair project. They had a lot of fun walking through all the caves.





This is Ian's reenactment of his first talk. He was so cute I had to turn my head so he wouldn't see me chuckle. I cried a little too. James sits down with our kids and asks them what they want to say on the subject that they were given, then he draws little pictures so that they can memorize the talk by looking at the pictures. Then they are able to give a talk all by themselves without us whispering into their ears. So far it has worked really well, and he looked so cute up there with his little voice and combed hair. I wanted to squish his cheeks really fast, then have him continue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all I just can't believe that little Isaac is a P.I.B.!!! Sorry, can't and won't do it. Ü
Ian is such a sweety. I just wish we could have heard his talk. It was too quite on my speakers that I had turned way up to the loudest they would go.. :< But he's certainly adorable and I bet he did a super job. Have him bring his talk Sunday and maybe he'll read it for gr & gr.

sarah lowe said...

yeah, i couldn't hear it either when i tried. i guess james wasn't close enough. maybe we will ask him to do his talk for you on sunday. it was really cute.