So mom and I have talked quite a bit about how small the world is. Lately it is becoming more apparent that we are all connected. Hmmm, I believe we already knew that. BUT so many things have been happening that has drawn me closer to our Heavenly Father...closer to understanding His Plan. I will share two things here because I think they are pretty neat.
The neighbors introduced themselves to Rob just after we moved in. They saw him when he was trying to move stuff outside. After a bit of chatting, Robert really not remembering much of the conversation and some extra "research"... Our neighbors Shelly and Brad Fawson are related to you all. Shelly's grandpa is Bruce...Your Grandpa's brother! Isn't that neat?? I have yet to figure out who is Shelly's mom, but there you have it. If anyone has any ideas on the last piece of the puzzle....;>
Next...and I really hope Aunt Shelly checks this blog out. I took Mikaela to see Kung Fu Panda last Saturday as a birthday gift from me. We got there 45 minutes early to stand in a line already formed. I chat with everyone, so I started talking to the couple behind me who brought their grandson. We talked about everything and I could tell you their whole LIFE I think. LOL They just got back from their SECOND mission...this one in Bulgaria! Brother and Sister Westbrook took care of the Humanitarian, a Choir of young missionaries that traveled to every branch in Bulgaria, and the incoming Missionaries. Long story short: They know Elder Erin Baddley!! "Fine young man he is." What are the odds of that??
What makes me even more grateful is knowing that the church is growing so fast that you know family is everywhere. Rob and I have had more than our share of "ick" Wards, but the bottom line is they were still family.
I'm really grateful for our new and hopefully LAST Ward. They gave us a feeling Sunday of unconditional love and kindness. They are quirky, nutty, and a bit loud...but their faith in the gospel is strong. The spirit filled every hour Sunday and I'm grateful for their love in our Heavenly Father.
1 comment:
How cool is that. Meeting family.
Post a Comment