Monday, January 5, 2009

Visit of Grandma Gibson and Donna

I believe most of you know that on December 22 dad went to Gilbert Arizona to get grandma and Donna. This is what he wanted most for Christmas. I really didn't think they would come, but to my pleasant surprise they agreed! So then on the 23rd they traveled back here to St. George. He took them home on January 1 and came home on January 3.
We truly enjoyed their visit! I was glad dad was not working and was able to spend quality AND quantity time with his mom and sister. Poor grandma on the other hand is probably delighted to be home after getting cold showers and nights of sleeping with socks, shoes, sweaters and extra blankets!!! haha Wouldn't you know that when they were here to visit our water heater was acting up and so did our heater! We have replaced the compressor on the heater ($800 for just the labor! compressor was still under warranty fortunately) and we think the thermostat has gone out on the water heater. To be determined on another day when there is enough light and time. We plog along until then.

We tried to go see a movie on Christmas day only to sit and wait, and wait, in the theater and for them to announce there was a problem and they couldn't play the movie. So we got our tickets approved to be used any other time and movie and left. ~sigh~

Really I think grandma had an enjoyable time. I know she loved seeing all her grandchildren and talking to Josh on Christmas day. I just feel so bad because these two pictures are the only ones I got the whole time they were here. Oh, well. It's proof that they were here. Ü
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

MelissaP said...

It was so much fun to see and hang out with them. Brianna and Eli were able to warm up to them because they were here long enough, and they always wanted to go to Grandma's house to see GG and Donna. We loved having them here.